C-sections

Anyone not get steri strips?

With my first (emergency) c-section with DD. I had stitches and steri strips over the top of my incision. However with in hours of having them on I broke out in blisters. As the days went on it got worse and worse, by 1 week after I was fighting not to tear open my skin because it itched and hurt so bad. I had to sleep with witch hazel wipes over my incision to be able to fall a sleep. I would have to re apply every time I woke up.

In any case even though I was told not to take them off until they fell off I ended up taking them off after 2 weeks because I could not handle it anymore. 

I am having another c-section on May 30 and asked my doctor what the alternative was to them since I had such a bad reaction last time. He told me they just would not put them on.That the plastic surgeons like them on because it makes the scar smaller. I worry about trying anything else that may be stuck on to my skin as I even get this type of reaction from band-aids and other adhesive type of tapes.

Has anyone have something similar happen and use something different the next time? Or not had the steri strips at all? 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml