Single Parents

What worked for me

I just thought I would share some things that help me get through the bad days/nights/moments. I know some of you are very new to being a SP or are going through a break-up/seperation. We have all been there, but we have to know how to get through it. So this is what worked for me...

-Crying in the shower. I would shower every morning or evening and let my emotions flow. After a few minutes I would wash my hair and let everything go down the drain. I really helped me focus through the rest of the day.

-The list. Make a list of little things you want to get done that day. Eat, shower, wipe the counters, run the dishwasher, spen 20 mins with LO playing, watch a funny show, call my mom. ANYTHING. Sometimes you need to see your progress, every baby step.

-Make plans. Don't seclude yourself. Make plans to get out at least once a week. Go to the park with LO, meet up with friends or family for lunch or go window shopping. I joined a adult soccer team.

-Focus on things that NEED to be done. Make a cleaning chart. Gather recipes for meals. Plan your budget out. These can be a good distraction and it is practical.

-Have a "happy" play list. All songs that make you feel good. I had a lot of my high school/middle school boy band music. It was a good way to pump myself up.

Others can add to this list. I just want you all to know that if you push yourself the time will pass more quickly and you will feel better about yourself.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml