Single Parents

What Would You Do?

So, Parker's father hasn't been the most reliable of people. He's in and out of his life as he sees fit and doesn't give two thoughts to how this is impacting Parker. I gave him the first year of Parker's life to get his act together (to try to prevent him from hurting Parker when Parker is old enough to know what's going on), but he still continues to mess up. We do not have court-ordered visitation set up, he hasn't gone through the motions, so I've just let him come see Parker on his days off at our house. But, enough is enough, he has flaked out the past 3 days when he has said he would come see him, so I told him his last chance is tonight. If he's not at my house by 6 to see Parker, he'd have to take me to court. The reason I dealt with it this long is because I was wanting to build a co-parenting relationship with as little drama as possible, but it looks like it's not going to work out that way. Anyway, I told him if he wasn't there by 6 then I'm going to call tomorrow to get our child support readjusted because we would be entitled to more. I figure if he's not going to be involved, he can help out more financially. It's not like it'd be for greed, because most of the payment is actually going for Parker's childcare expenses. He is also over $500 behind in child support and it keeps adding up, if I call, they may want to take him to court to make him pay up the arrears. Is this over-reacting? If he would actually come around more and help out I wouldn't be so concerned about the money because he'd be helping me, but he's not. I don't want to be a selfish beyotch, but what he is paying is not covering the entire cost of childcare anyway, so I'm out that much, plus diapers, food, clothes, etc. What would you do?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml