Breastfeeding

Mommy guilt, gave EBF baby a soother last night

My LO is just over 2 weeks old and EBF.  He doesn't normally take a soother.  They gave him on in the NICU just after he was born because I didn't get to see him until 9 hours later.  He's usually pretty good at night.  He's up every 3 hours to feed (feed on demand) and usually goes right back to sleep.  Well last night he was up every 30min-1hour.  He looked really uncomfortable.  I think he had gas or trying to poop.  His face would turn red he'd grunt and strain like he was trying to have a bowel movement.  I finally gave in a gave him a soother and it calmed him right down.  He still would wake up and grunt but would fall back asleep on his own. 

This morning i'm realizing that he may be having a growth spurt and maybe he was waking up every hour to eat.  Now I feel so guilty.  But if he was hungry he would have spit out the soother and cried for the boob right?  I'm worried I may have hurt him some how by soothing his hunger with a pacifier instead of getting up to feed him.  Any advice?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml