Single Parents

It Had To Happen Eventually

Posted on May 2012 first.

I ran downstairs to get breakfast this morning, and guess who walked in? My ex. Alien's father. We don't work together, or even for the same company. But, we work on the same Army post. There are other places to eat on a base. They kind of had to go out of their way to get there. But, whatever.

I didn't say anything. I didn't do anything...well, I walked out and around the corner to collect myself. This man did accuse me of sleeping around and said the baby wasn't his. It hurts. It was a little too much for my pregnant self to handle at that moment. Stupid hormones. I knew it would happen eventually, but I was hoping I could avoid it until AFTER Alien came along. I'm an ice B*tch normally.

I wanted to walk up to him and say, "I don't come to your place of work. Please don't come to mine." I really wanted to dump my water on him. But, I walked outside instead. I gave myself a couple of minutes to collect myself. Then, I wiped my tears away really fast, put on my big girl panties and walked back inside. I glanced at his companion out of curiousity and saw it was a former friend. He (the friend)apologized profusely when he got back to their office. I held my head high. Smiled and joked with the Subway lady. I didn't try to act like there was a way to disguise my 33w3d pregnant belly. And, I ordered my salad and water and walked out.

What a great way to start the week!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml