Breastfeeding

Newborn help, please

My daughter was born on 4/4. From the beginning, breastfeeding was pretty painful. I kept asking people at the hospital to check my latch and they all said it looks fine and to just make sure she opens her mouth wide. But the pain is still there throughout the entire feeding. I have read mixed things about this: that if there is pain after the initial latch you are doing something wrong, or it is bound to be painful because your nipples are not used to it. 

My milk started to come in last night, but I don't feel huge or anything. There are times she will stay on one breast for 40 minutes.  Is this too much? I feel like I read that you are supposed to let her stay on as long as she is still sucking, but I also don't want my nipple to get torn up if she is not getting anything. She has also only had 3 wet and 2 soiled diapers in the past 24 hours which is freaking me out because she is slightly jaundiced.

Lastly, I tried to pump one breast to see what I could get out.  I was able to cover the bottom of the tiny bottle, so I am getting SOMETHING, just not a lot. I don't want to introduce a bottle yet, so is there a way to store or use this tiny amount of milk? I feel like I read somewhere that you could feed it to them without a bottle. Can you add milk together from different pumpings? Is pumping right now a bad idea if I don't plan on introducing a bottle for 3-4 weeks? 

I feel like I did research to prepare myself but it all blends together now and I don't remember where I read what. Any insight would be greatly appreciated. Thanks so much! 

0 false 18 pt 18 pt 0 0 false false false /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:11.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ascii-font-family:Cambria; mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-theme-font:minor-fareast; mso-hansi-font-family:Cambria; mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin;}

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml