3rd Trimester

Help--DH Family Shower

So next Saturday will be my second shower it is a co-ed shower so hubby will be there. It is being thrown by his aunt, mother, and sister (who I generally get along with and only bug me when they do super flaky things).

The invite made the shower seem like it is more of a family reunion/shower for us. In general, besides the family I listed above and the SO, I cannot stand his family (and he knows it and understands it).

The shower is about 45-60 min away as his aunt lives out in BFE, so I have siad I probably have a bout 3 hours in me before I am going to start getting tired and cranky. This was about my limit at my first shower hosted by my aunt and sister and mom (also, doc just warned me today that my hormones are about to go even more nuts...great!)

How do I deal with his family for so long, usually it is only for about 60-90 minutes that I need to deal with them and I can drink...usually somehwat heavily if needed. The issue is they are loud and opinionated (ususally wrongly so as their opinions are based on inaccurate info) and crass.

Normally when I am hormonally stable and have a nice buzz I can deal with them, I am just afraid that I will not be (stable or buzzed) and then I will say something or cry at something they say and start a fight. They are extremely caddy and backstabby).

Anyone have any advice or experience with this?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml