3rd Trimester

BOB Stroller - 2nd time mom questions!!!

Okay, here is my dilemma.

My husband and I are outdoors people... I run and hike... So, we bought a BOB for our upcoming addition. They sell a car seat attachment and we were just going to use the BOB for our main stroller because the car seat is easy to attach. I love the BOB and could totally see myself using it as our "only" stroller.

Well, my mother seems to think otherwise. She feels that we need a regular stroller. Because for some reason she thinks the BOB is inappropriate to bring into regular stores, mall, etc...  Therefore, for our shower she went out on her own and purchased us a stroller/car seat combo. While it is exceptionally generous it is not really what I had in mind. She basically had a complete fit when I explained that we were going to take it back. (A whole different issue, I know).

So, I have two questions:

1. For someone who has used the BOB as just a jogger/fitness stroller and had a separate stroller for everyday use. If you could go back and do it again would you just have a BOB. Or do you think that just a BOB would be okay as an everyday and fitness stroller?

2. Is there anyone who has used a BOB as a regular and fitness stroller? If so, did you like it or do you wish you had had a regular stroller as well? 
image image