3rd Trimester

what would you do?

I have an opportunity to go on a little vacation, basically free, with 2 women that are great for the soul, practically like moms to me.

My hubby & i's birthing classes are on April 21st & 22nd & I would leave on Monday the 23rd for the beach.

This is my first baby. I'm 36 & have had a really easy/healthy pregnancy. My due date is May 13th, so the day I would leave I would be at @ week 37. (i actually know the conception date, so i put my due date about a week earlier then the doctors, but the measurements seem to be closer to their calculations. FOLP: Aug 7, conception day: August 17th.) I've not been around may preggers, so i don't have many stories to go off of either.

I'm seeing my doctor April 5th & will ask him if it's ok that I take an 8 hour car ride to South Carolina. A good point is the driver is a recently retired nurse.

My mom says it's a gamble you have to decide if is worth taking.

I'm not complaining, but its so attractive because I've quit working & have been home since Nov. 1st & I'm kinda bored and lonely. My husband travels a lot, works a lot and my cabin fever makes this trip seem like it would help the last few weeks not drag on so long!  I mean, what would happen if my water breaks? do i spend 8 hours in a car having contractions if i want to rush home to my hospital?

What would you do?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml