3rd Trimester

GD--VENT!

Ok, so I had to go for the 3 hr test and while I didn't pass the 1st hr draw I passed the 2nd and 3rd.

I am a relatively small person (normally--when I am not pregnant), so drinking 100 mg of syrup is going to make anyone's sugar spike. Anyway so my doctor is making me take a 90 minute diabetes self managment education class and I have to test myself.

The only thing is I have no instructions other than that from the nurse! So I don't know when or how often to test, so I am not doing anything until I see my doctor on Wed. After I failed the 1 hr I already changed my diet. (I still have sweets, but have cut down on my carbs and uped my protien (which has been wonderful on my already tempermental digestive system :(.)

I really don't want to do this, the idea of pricking myself 6 times a day makes me want to cry/vomit (I cannot stand the sight of my own blood). Plus it is just one more thing I have to deal with now.

My pregnancy was so easy at the begining it is like my body is giving up at the end and it pisses me off (I'm a major control freak, so I don't like it when my body doesn't do what I tell it to).

I'm hoping if I can test well for 2-3 weeks the doc will let me stop since I wasn't really that far from passing my 3hr.

Anyone else have to do this?

Thanks for letting me vent...Today has really sucked!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml