3rd Trimester

Autism

I was watching GMA this morning and saw new statistics that show that 1 in 52 boys between 2006-2008 have some form of autism and 1 in 252 girls. After seeing this, I just can't stop thinking about it. Autism has always been a concern of mine, even years before I became pregnant. I try not to think about it too much because I just don't think worrying about it is helpful. I have been trying to schedule some meetings with potential pediatrians. I am hopeful they can easy my mind.

Would any of you ladies like to share your thoughts on this topic or your insights? I have tried to educate myself. It seems like a major factor in autism is genetics. I can't remember the name of the drug I was reading about the other day (can't find the article I was reading) but it was saying how it is a mercury based preservative that they put in vaccines that seem to have a stong correlation to autism. There are mercury free vaccines avaiable and apparently the FDA pushes doctors to mercury based/perservative vaccines. Have any of you heard of this?

It just scares me to know that of all of us on the boards having boys, some of us are going to have autistic babies. I just want to be as educated as possible and share our knowledge

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker