2nd Trimester

And s/o baby showers...

I had my first "meeting" with a group of girls planning a shower for a mutual friend of ours.  The spokeswoman of the group and self-professed "bestie" of the mom-to-be put forth that we should throw a "Pinterest-themed" shower.

Siiiiiiiggggghhhhh.... 

I'm sorry, I know pinterest is all the rage and I even have an account myself to save the occasional whatever I'd like to be able to recall at some point, but there seems to be this movement of sorts among the wired world of over-styling every last single detail and occasion of people's lives.  Last year I went to two "Anthropologie-themed" weddings one "J.Crew-themed".  Everyone seems to be concerned with whether or not their event is blog-worthy or photographed well enough to get a feature on Style Me Pretty.  I totally get wanting these events to be beautiful and unique, and maybe I'm just an old curmudgeon or something, but I feel like there's something in the air.. some pressure to be the most followed or tweeted or repinned that's making everyone feel like if they don't have 1000 DIY tissue poms in their decor the event is an epic fail.

So anyway, I am now co-hosting a Pinterest-themed baby shower by a vote of 4-2.  I have to learn how to make cake in miniature mason jars and construct several decorative banners out of burlap.  Frankly, I'd rather go to the beer pong shower a few posts below.    

BabyFetus Ticker