2nd Trimester

MIL & her input (vent)

So, I have posted once before about MIL & her pushing her wants about DH & my son.

She tried pushing Pooh because it was DHs nursery theme. Also, she sent a Baby Book (where it says "This is mommy pregnant with me!" & you glue a photo in it & other stuff like 'Names mommy & daddy thought of..." & that sort of thing) It wasn't on the registry & I was always under the impression that That item was the 'privilege' of the Parents to gift their child. I know this might come across as petty, but it really bothers me, too, that MIL purchased a t-shirt for our son with our favorite sports team that reads (in all kid-like writing) "My very 1st 'enter team name' T-shirt!" I just thought that when it comes to things like that, it would be nice if we could do that for our son ourselves. I feel like she's had her 2 sons. She's had the opportunities to do these things for her children & we're not getting to because she is busy doing it. It's frustrating. I appreciate her help, but I feel like it's more of a power struggle at times. I want to say something, but I don't want to offend her. Also, unfortunately, I'm not 100% she wouldn't throw DH in the middle, which I REALLY don't want to have happen.

When DH informed her about the name we were really liking & very heavily considering, the first thing from her mouth wasn't anything like "Oh-well isn't that nice? I personally like the name ..." Instead, it was her mocking it & then saying how great another name would be. I love the name, so I was offended. I talked to DH about it & he said not to worry, just MIL sharing her thoughts. I told him it's enough-she's crossed the line. But this isn't the first time. 

My doc finally gave me the OK to get out of the house & I took it!!! While I was away visiting my FIL & stepMIL last week, I called DH to see how his day had gone & he informed me MIL called with her top 6-list of names but he didn't write them down. I got so frustrated, but I was so tired & didn't want to get into it on the phone.

I don't know how to handle this because I feel like this needs to be addressed, I'm just not sure how to go about it. Part of me feels like I should stay quiet, be grateful for the help she has/is giving; another part of me is feeling like there has to be a way to keep graciousness on an even level with the respect I feel I'm not getting. 

Sorry this is so long... I feel slightly better now, though. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml