3rd Trimester

Group prenatal care?

I'm actually in my first trimester so my apologies for posting here, but I thought to post here because group prenatal care is a newer practice and I wanted to see if any of you have had this care through your pregnancy. Many of us in first tri are just starting out and I wanted input from someone on the tail end of this type of care.

Because I'm a low risk pregnancy, my health provider offered group prenatal care. About 10 of us would meet once a month together with the same midwife. We would still have individual appointments and checks ups privately during this time, but during the other time there would be speakers (pain management, breast feeding, baby care and first aid), yoga, massages, and general question and answer periods. It's set up to put us more in control of our health (we'd assist with doing our own charts under medical care) and give us scheduled appointments as well as a built in group / birthing type class. Instead of a 10-15 min in and out appointment, we'd have the full 2 hrs with the same care giver who would birth us. DHs are welcome to attend all classes. This would be INSTEAD of doing office visits once a month.

Did any of you do this? Thoughts? TIA and forgive me for jumping ahead a few boards :)

edit: spelling 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml