2nd Trimester

Measuring Big

Some background.  This is my 4th baby and with each one I have had gestational diabetes.  My first 2 were controlled with diet and the 3rd and this one I have been on Glyburide.  Now there is a family history of big babies (my husband was 9 lbs 13 oz, his brother 10lbs 10oz, my brother 9 lbs 7 oz) and my first 2 were 9 lbs 13 oz each and my 3rd was 11 lbs 10oz. 

Today I went to the doctor and I am about 26 1/2 weeks per my early ultrasound which gave me a due date of 7/1 (which I know is late but they won't change it).  However, when the dr measured fundal height I am at 33 cms.  7 ahead of where I "should be".  Dr said even with my history of big babies and GD that is still a really big difference.  I go to have an ultrasound in 2 weeks but was just wondering if anyone else had experience of measuring that far ahead?  If you did, what did they do about your due date?   I am scheduled for a RCS on 6/26 but dr even said today I probably won't make it that far but they can't change it since hospital policy only lets them schedule during the 39th week off of earliest ultrasound.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic