2nd Trimester

FT moms have so many decisions to make..

Well the title of this post pretty much says it all! So many decisions, so many choices and options, this first time mom is stressing already! I'm due in August, 18 weeks now, so I still have a while, but considering everything I have left, I'm behind!

I do have a specific question/concern and wanting opinions and experience anywhere I can get it. I think I have made up my mind that I do want to breast feed, at least for a little while and maybe pump the rest of the way. My question is, what is better, timed feeding, as in a written schedule to feed, OR "on command" feeding, as in, when baby cries, he's hungry, so I feed him? My sister in law has a time schedule, actually written down when, what and how much my nephew eats. And then my cousin has gone from a schedule, to on commond and tells me that feeding later at night will keep her baby asleep longer and through the night. I have heard women saying that "on commond" is better, basically saying "would you want somebody telling you when you had to eat?"....ugh! I'm so confused about what I want to do or what is the "better" option, IF there is one. This is my first baby, a baby boy :) My husband and I are thrilled/excited/nervous and all that wrapped up in one big ball, but are now faced with all these decisions as far as his care goes, and it's freaking me out!! Any experience or opinions would be appreciated ladies!! Thanks a bunch! :D