2nd Trimester

I know we have a ton of posts ab weight, but....

So I know there have been a ton of posts about gaining and not gaining weight, and what not, but I am getting really worried that I am gaining too much too soon. I am a FTM and my Doc and MW only want me to put on about 20 lbs. total, and when I weighed myself this morning, I am up 8 lbs. Now I know this is still considered normal for 19 weeks, but I thought you were supposed to gain a pound a week in the 3rd trimester, and that?s 12 lbs. alone! Which would put me at my 20 lbs. weight gain, and that means that I can?t gain any weight for the next 9 weeks! How is this possible? What should I do, beyond the obvious eating right and exercising, which I do now?

They told me 20 lbs. would be plenty for me and baby, and that they only like to see small weight gains on FTM?s, and not 40-60lbs. which I totally understand, but 20??? Why not 25-30 like I have been reading is normal? If I go over does that mean that my baby will be bigger? (not that I care, I just want her healthy)

Sorry for the amount of questions here, I am just wondering, and I can?t seem to figure it out. Any help would be very much appreciated?. :o) And if I am freaking about nothing, please let me know, I can get over the weight thing real quick if it?s really not an issue I need to worry about at all?

Thank you for the help ladies!

After 5 years of trying to get pregnant, it finally happened!
FET #1: 11/23 Transfered 2 little embryos
POAS 11/29, BFP!!! POAS 12/02 BFP!!!
12/2 9dp5dt Beta #1: 37; 12/6 13dp5dt Beta #2: 130; 12/8 15dp5dt Beta #3: 315; 12/15 22dp5dt Beta #4: 3200
12/16 - Ultrasound #1: 6w1d: 1 perfect heartbeat! EDD: 08/9/12
12/26 - Ultrasound #2: 7w4d: Perfect! HB-160
1/5 - Ultrasound #3: 9w: Amazing! Even a little jig! HR-150
3/1 - Ultrasound: 70% Girl!
3/21 - Ultrasound: 100% BOY!!!! OMG what a shock! Maison Thomas is on HIS way!
GROW BABY,GROW!