3rd Trimester

WWYD? (A little long)

Hello!

I believe this is my first time posting on the 3rd trimester board, so hello to you all! 

Okay - I'm sure this is already a previously posted question, but I just need advice without having to search through the old posts. 

Anyway - My hubby and I had discussed the "visitor policy" we're going to have during labor/after the baby is born. As a FTM, I want time to spend with just my husband and my newborn. He seemed completely okay with this about 2 weeks ago when we had the talk about it, and even agreed to wait a full 24 hours to have people come and visit. Over the weekend, he decided to tell me his mother can come and sit in the waiting room WHILE I am giving birth (which I am completely opposed to - I don't even want my own mother waiting!) and that she can wait a few hours after the baby is born while we have our time. 

Um, is it just me.. or do you see this cascading into a bigger problem? Because firstly, I know if his mom comes, his sister and her family will come (as they all usually show up together) and I have a huge feeling that he will inevitably begin to feel bad that they're out there waiting, and it will cause stress and they'll end up coming in when I am not ready. I realize that this is his first child (and his family is excited, especially his mother, because she never thought he would have children/a family), but I have heard some horror stories about families getting overly excited and walking in and making things uncomfortable, and I want to avoid this at all costs. And it sucks, because I thought we were on the same page about it!

Am I just being hormonal? I think I need someone to tell me if I'm being over-the-top about this. Let me know your experiences with this.

TIA