2nd Trimester

What would you do?

My sister is getting married August 18th, and I am expected to deliver my baby either the 25th or the 28th of August.... so, as you can see, that's cutting it close. My sister of course has me as the matron of honor along side a maid of honor and two other bridesmaids. I know, and she knows, that since she is getting married an hour away from the hospital I plan to deliver at, and since I am a high risk pregnancy due to my loss last year at 20 weeks, that there is a good chance I can't go to the wedding due to a complicated pregnancy.  What would you do? Buy the dress and alter it expecting to maybe possible go for some of the time? Plan to not go at all? Be a pessimist and figure I am going to loose the baby early again this year and be fine for the wedding?

It is risky- it's an hour away from the hospital that has the neonatal unit and my high risk doctor. I could plan to go and decide last minute but then I'm spending a few hundred on a dress and altering it with the good chance I may not being able to use it. So far my pregnancy seems to be going well (knock on wood). The doctors have a plan to try and prevent infection this time around which is what caused my membranes to break early. There will be more monitoring- but not enough information early for me to figure out what to do- buy a dress or not. Go to the wedding, or not. It's my sister's wedding!

BabyFetus Ticker