2nd Trimester

AH! total vent and whining :)

I went to my ob/gyn to check out the cyst i have on my left ovary. YAY it's shrunken.  So that's no longer a concern.  He quickly scanned over my left side, and we didn't see baby at all because he wasn't scanning that area.  He took the wand off and started talking about the cyst...and here I am dying to ask him to check if it's a boy/girl.  We're in Canada, and they really hate sharing that knowledge!!  So anyway, i asked him if he could tell us what we were having and he said 'No' then "why do you want to know" and i told him I really wanted to know. and he asked me "what if i'm wrong" and i told him i wouldn't be upset.  He says "you have another child?" and looks at my 6 y/o son.  I say yes. and he says "it's the same".  So i said it's a boy? are you sure? "yes he says". i said "are you lying?" and he said no.  And that was the end of my appt.  I really want a girl, but i'm ok with a boy of course...I was really upset after my appt because i was actually convinced beyond a doubt it was girl.  But i'm good with it now (feeling totally guilty!!).  However i'm really irritated by the way the dr told me.  He didn't show us and i'm not sure how he knows.  We had an u/s at 12 weeks but as far as i know isn't that really early to find out? Also, the u/s techs aren't even supposed to put that in their report.  My 19 week one was before my appt, but the results of that haven't come back yet.  I was so frustrated by the lack of visual confirmation that i've now booked a 3d one to find out for sure!!!  I feel like i should just have faith in what he says but I just need to see something with my own eyes!!!! 
BabyFruit Ticker