2nd Trimester

Just so confused!

If you saw my post last night/update this morning (I was being monitored at hospital for contractions), this is a continuation of those posts.  Today I have had light contractions yet again and I have been drinking water all day long per their recommendations.  So I called my doc office at the end of the day just to give them an update and the doctor says I need to go in to be monitored again! The nurse on the line with me said "we wouldn't know if they were real or bh contractions but obviously they were real last night or they wouldn't have given you the medicine". So I called the hospital and asked if I was having real contractions or bh and she said the only way to know is if your cervix is dialating which it wasn't.  She said they gave the medicine to calm them down.  So I asked her if I needed to come in and she said if I'm having more than 4 an hour.  I've had 3 an hour at the most, and they only come on when I'm thinking/worrying about it or when my bladder is full.  I just dont think I could leave work every day to be checked to make sure I'm not dialating, that seems excessive -but of course I want to do what's in the best interest of the baby.  These are obviously braxton hicks, they are not painful or getting more regular or stronger -so why am I getting all these mixed suggestions? I understand bh could dialate my cervix but I can't get my cervix checked each day?