3rd Trimester

Not sure what to do now...

I'm 27 weeks, and DH and I moved to the northeast about 8 months ago. Previously, we lived in the southwest for 10+ years. 

We met a doctor at 8 weeks and just didn't like the practice. We then found another practice around 13 weeks and felt like it could be a good fit. They've since been a little inattentive but generally fine. 

On Friday, I started having some intense pain, pressure, and some contractions. I called the office mid-day and never received a call back. DH and I decided that evening that we needed to go to the hospital. We spent the night there, and while the pain hasn't let up, the contraction stopped -- thankfully. 

I called the doctor again today, and received a message from the medical assistant indicating that the doctor was out of the office and would be until tomorrow afternoon, and I could call at that point.  I'm a little shocked by this level of responsiveness. There are 6 other doctors in the practice, so its not like someone couldn't have followed up with me, even if my doc is out. 

I'm feeling like I'm in a new area and I have an inattentive/unreliable doctor, and I'm really overwhelmed. I don't know if I need to just start looking for someone new. Thoughts?