2nd Trimester

Baby shower question

Hi Ladies, I don't normally post here because I read posts from my phone, and it doesn't allow me to post, but I know this is where I can go for some honest opinions. Here's my situation:

A friend of mine lives about 2.5 hours away from me. She is having her shower this weekend, and the shower will be at the home of her friend. The friend's house is actually about 3.5 hrs from me. I had originally planned to attend the shower, and RSVPed that I'd be there. Then I realized this week that my husband wouldn't be traveling with me (he has friends in the area, but something came up for him so he won't be going to see those people) and I really got to thinking about traveling a total of seven hours by myself. 

The information I know will be needed to help me with the decision making: 

*I've been friends with her since elementary school, but it's been years since we've gotten together. I did go to her wedding, but she had to miss mine for a commitment with her in laws. I know she won't be attending my shower because she'll have just had a baby (she's due a few months before me...like in April) Our parents are very close still, and live a block from one another. Although I adore this girl and care for her, I don't know if I'd even be on the list if our parents weren't still connected.

*I would be doing all of this travel in one day. 

*I am 5 months along, so travel is still feasible, however, if I add in bathroom breaks, I shudder to think how long the trip will take. 

Regardless, I'd still be getting her a gift and sending it to her. 

Thanks for your help :)