2nd Trimester

Heart issue - baby

Good morning ladies!

Im secretly bumping from work! Hopefully we will have our home computer soon so I can bump more comfortably and freely.  Well, we found out that baby Athena has a heart defect called Truncus arteriosus and will require surgery after birth. I don?t feel stressed or worried as we will be going to one of the best hospitals on the west coast known for their pediatric surgery unit and doctors at Loma Linda.

My husband is still upset over it and I try to explain that it wasn?t something we did or did wrong. It?s just that her little heart valves didn?t separate like they should have and that the pediatric cardiologist said her one valve looks really good and does not foresee any complications during/after surgery.  Of course they give you all the negative precautions, but from I have read, these little ones go on to have healthy, fulfilled lives; in most cases at least.  We also know that there are long term issues we may have to deal with but will when they arise.

Please keep us in your prayers.  If anyone knows about this condition and can give me additional info that would be great, or if you have experienced something like this let me know. 

I posted this on several boards to see if anyone knows of this?so if you see me again, that?s why J

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers image Me - 41 DH - 28 **** Proud mom to Christopher, dob 7/15/92 **** Nathaniel dob 1/18/05 -1/18/05 (8 mos) in heaven **** bfp 8/26/10 m/c 10/14/10 at 7 wks. **** D&C 10/15/10 **** Cycles 1-4 BFN's **** Cycle #5 - 100 mg Clomid **** IUI #1 - 04/23/11 and 4/24/11 - 5/8/11 IUI #1 = BFFN BFP 10/14/11 - EDD 6/22/12** Stick little one Stick! Athena Jane 5/31/12 - 8/28/12