Austin Babies
Options

Ok, if no cable, what about other rooms?

For those of you who ditched cable, what about the other rooms in your house?  Obviously this question is not for one-TV households.  When my mom visits, she likes to watch TV in the guest room before falling asleep (she has insomnia and this actually helps her).  I also often fold laundry in there or in the bedroom and watch TV.  When DH is monopolizing the family room TV after A's bedtime, sometimes I like to zone out for a while rather than read.

Maybe this is a totally stupid question, but I'm truly curious.  Do you have mulitple Roku/Xbox/whatever player in those rooms?  We did not have cable for a long time, and it pretty much made maternity leave suck a lot of the time.  Do you know what the Tyra Banks show does to your brain when it's the only thing on?  Bad stuff folks, bad stuff.  The ONLY reason I would ditch it is if I can use the money for an ocassional housekeeper and someone to keep up our pool this summer.  Two things holding me back are: being chained to one room to watch and lack of Nick Jr.