Austin Babies
Options

Pinterest Lovers - Pinterest might be illegal

There was an interesting post about this over on the P&CE board. Here's a link to the original blog post about it:   http://ddkportraits.com/2012/02/why-i-tearfully-deleted-my-pinterest-inspiration-boards/

Something interesting though that I did not know was that in Pinterest's terms of use that a user agrees to is an indemnity statement:

You acknowledge and agree that you are solely responsible for all Member Content that you make available through the Site, Application and Services. Accordingly, you represent and warrant that: (i) you either are the sole and exclusive owner of all Member Content that you make available through the Site, Application and Services or you have all rights, licenses, consents and releases that are necessary to grant to Cold Brew Labs the rights in such Member Content, as contemplated under these Terms; and (ii) neither the Member Content nor your posting, uploading, publication, submission or transmittal of the Member Content or Cold Brew Labs? use of the Member Content (or any portion thereof) on, through or by means of the Site, Application and the Services will infringe, misappropriate or violate a third party?s patent, copyright, trademark, trade secret, moral rights or other proprietary or intellectual property rights, or rights of publicity or privacy, or result in the violation of any applicable law or regulation.?  (From Pinterest?s Terms of Use).

Clear as mud, eh?  Well a regular (and lawyer) over at P&CE explained it as:

imageswimbikepuke:
  Legally, this means that you have to assume their defense, pay their lawyers and pay any judgment rendered against them.

Apparently this is quite common, so I guess it begs the question: how many of us sign up for accounts online and NEVER read the user agreement? (Hopefully I won't be recruited to become a human centipede!)