Single Parents

Court today - Hearing Postponed - I cant do this any longer!!!

So I have been waiting for today for the past two months - Custody Hearing for my 16 month old son. 

For right now, we have been trying to "work things out on our own" which pretty much means he manipulates me, uses our son to control me, keep tabs on me, jerk me around, etc. I feel as though I have to let him because there is no agreeent in place and I dont want to piss him off. He is dominant and controlling and unpredictable and he has been making my life a living hell hence why I filed for custody and need the courts help coming up with a visitation schedule. In the meantime, I have been walking a very fine line with my ex and trying to just keep the peace between us.

Today was court.  I was nervous but excited that after today we would have something in writing and I can move on with my life and stop being controlled by him. We get to court (he was late and reeked of booze).....our attorneys both had a conflict and couldnt try our case today. So they had to postpone us.....until when you ask?  April 13th!  WTF?!?!? 

I feel so hopeless, defeated and angry. I feel like I just waited two months for this day - kept telling myself "just get through these next two months and it will all be ok" . Today was supposed to be the light at the end of the tunnel for me and now I have to deal with his BS for the next month and a half!!! I am living my life day by day by day. My ex doesnt believe in routines or schedules or planning in advance and on the days he makes it out of bed in time to pick up our son at 4:30 in the afternoon, he tells me he will have him home at one time and then always calls me and changes it (earlier or later). He knows I will drop anything for my son so he knows he can do it. It is a control mechanism and I know that but its hard to say no when it has to do with my son. But we do this on a daily basis. The calls, the texts, the "what are doing" "what is my son doing" "send me a picture of him", etc - it is driving me nuts. I cant do this for another month and a half. I need structure, I need consistency, I need to be able to have a plan for my future. I feel like I have been in limbo for this long and I dont want to have to wait.

There is no "laying down ground rules with him" He is controlling and immature and selfish and manipulative. This is why I need the courts help!!!

I guess I am just venting. Thanks for listening. This all just seems so unfair.  I dont understand how the system works but I dont think I like it very much!!!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml