Austin Babies
Options

Would this upset you?

Let me start off by saying I'm overall very happy with DD's teachers in her MDO program. There was 1 of the 2 last semester that wasn't my favorite, but she's not there this semester. She was replaced by a girl I know from my small group at church, so I'm really comfortable with her.

That being said, I asked that second teacher at our group meeting if DD had acted strangely or fussy on Thursday because she slept awful all weekend and has been kind of clingy. During our discussion, she mentioned that she's sleeping in a swing at MDO. This was a shock to me because the other teacher (the one she's had since Day 1) had told me she was in a crib. Early last semester, they tried putting the kids on the floor on their nap mats and, as to be expected, most of them didn't stay on their mats. So they put them in cribs. I was happy with that and was really glad they about it. I quit taking her nap mat to school at that point because I knew she wasn't using it. Eventually, DD started getting out her nap mat at home and saying "night night" so I thought she might be getting the hang of what it was for. So I took it back and asked them to try it for a little while and see how she did. They told me she wouldn't stay on it, but that they put it in her crib with her and she seemed to sleep even better with it. So I was really happy that she was sleeping better, blah blah blah.

Now after some though, I'm kind of upset that they're putting her in a swing. I mean, I guess whatever helps get her to sleep and what not, but I feel lied to. She told me she was sleeping in a crib, I've been dragging her nap mat there and back for her to use in the crib, they've told me she sleeps well. But it bothers me that they seemed to try and hide the fact that they were putting her in a swing to sleep. Am I just being a crazy mom or would you be upset?

imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker