2nd Trimester

Down's Worry...

Today was my monthly check up and results of Jude's anatomy ultrasound. They told me I have to come back in 4 weeks for another ultrasound because there were some complications with last Fridays. They did find 2 cysts on Jude's brain that weren't really explained to me, but I knew from a friend that it is supposedly common for them to clear up. The doctor told me that the only worry of hers is that it could mean Jude has down syndrome but because I didn't do the genetic screening test, they would have no way of knowing till he was born. The other thing my doctor wants to see is Jude's heart. Apparently there were some things they could not see or identify on his heart... I know I should not be too worried. And I'm really trying not to be. It just seems like bad news never ends and there is no relief of stress.

No matter what happens. I will love my baby boy. I am not worried about that at all. Its just the idea of not knowing anything and not having any reason not to worry. The doctors always seem to tell you bad news but don't ever seem to tell you how to cope with it until they have answers.

these next 4 weeks are just gonna leave me in limbo, but what i think is the most strange about the whole thing. is that research shows that there are certain things to look for in cases of genetic abnormalities and the fact that they are concerned about the heart too is why i am so worried. If it was JUST the cysts I think I wouldn't be so worried cause a friend of mine's son had them and they disappeared . so that gives me great hope. But just knowing that there may be something wrong with the heart or that they can not identify it is what threw all my worry into a bucket full of bricks cause there is heart condition that is related to the cysts that gives more chances of it being Down's.