Austin Babies
Options

Why must family dynamics be so difficult?

As I've told you before, MIL is kind... But so needy with DH. The divorce from FIL makes that neediness amplified by 100%. She spent almost two weeks here over Christmas (she's a teacher) while I was off work, and DH got to whisk off to work every single day. I was alone with her and it made me totally crazy. So, she texted on Saturday to both of us "what are yalls plans for spring break?" (knowing that I have off too). I immediately told DH to please not respond until we could talk about it. So, tonight I told him I don't think she should come unless he was off work too, as it left too much pressure on me (to cook, clean, entertain, pick up after her, etc). now DH is all upset. He wasn't angry, but he's acting all hurt , and saying "I guess I understand", but pouting. I know she's going through a hard time, but i cannot babysit a grown woman (who is obessesd with her perfect oldest son). And I'm going to be super pissed if he takes the week off to be here for her when I've been BEGGING him to take off so we can take a trip together.
Is saying no to DH about her visiting a sh1tty thing to do? Do you entertain your MIL without DH around? Ugggh... I'm feeling like a terrible person one minute, but justified in another.