3rd Trimester

Anyone else taken off work on disability? (vent)

A previous back injury from way back in 2001 has come back to haunt me since becoming pregnant with my first (and probably only) child.  I have been in extreme pain with that, paired with terrible sciatic nerve pain....having been seeing a chiropractor and just started physical therapy.  Today I saw my OB and mentioned how the pain has been getting progressively worse and he wants to take me off on disability now.  He wanted to do so today, but I was able to convince him to give me a week so I have time to speak with my employer, rather than just springing this on them.  So I am seeing him next Tuesday and he will be taking me off then at 29 weeks.

I'm so emotional and frustrated about the whole thing.  I had planned on working up until I went into labor (or as close as I could get) and had no clue that this stupid old injury might play a part in my pregnancy.  I dread speaking with my employer about this because I feel that they will be angry with me.  Add to that the fact that they can apparently terminate my employment after 12 weeks off (even on disability), makes things that much worse.  I carry the insurance for our family, and we are not looking forward to paying for Cobra to continue coverage once they lay me off (which is enevitable I think). 

Anyone else being taken out for one reason or another?  If so, what are your concerns.  Thanks for listening!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml