2nd Trimester

Baby shower question!

I actually posted this once on a different forum but didn't get much of a response so I figured I'd give it it's own post....

DH and I have decided that we would like to cloth diaper our baby girl for many reason's, but the main one being the cost and it being easier for sensitive skin. I know it's common for women to ask guests to bring a pack of diapers to be entered into a drawing for a prize and was wondering if it would be okay to take the same approach with cloth diapers and accessories (cloth wipes, detergent, wet bags, etc.) This way we could try out different kinds of cloth diapers before investing all of our money into a certain type. I know that jillians drawers has the trial program, but we thought this would be an easier way to really try out each type of diaper and to let our guests know that we do not plan on using disposables. We also talked about asking them to purchase a gift card for a few of the websites we plan on ordering from rather than buying the diaper or accessories themselves since not everyone is as educated on the types of diapers and how they work.

Am I being unrealistic with this idea? lol.