Single Parents

Feeling Guilty

Hello everyone,

I have not been on the bump in forever because I have no time but I was just wondering how other single mom's felt.

My son is 21 months and started going to see his dad every other weekend when he turned a year old.  We meet on Friday at 5 and I pick him up on Sunday at 4.  My ex lives in Syracuse and I live 3 hrs from there so DS is in the car for 3 hrs Friday and 3 hrs Sunday.  DS dad is an ok guy and I feel that DS is very safe when he is there and I know DS has fun while he is at his dad's. He also gets to see his other Grandma and cousins while he is there. But tonight I went to dinner with my cousin and she made me feel so guilty. She could not believe that I let DS go every other weekend and that being in the car that long is way to much for him being so young and that i should never had agreed to every other weekend until DS was older.  I already feel guilty for sending him to daycare everyday and having to run out before he starts screaming even though I love his daycare lady and I know he is very safe there.

What are other single mom's doing? Is everyother weekend to much for a 21 month old?  I feel so guilty and wish I could spend every day with him but I know that is impossible. I feel lucky enough that I have a very flexable job and can take the time off when I need to.  Now I am feeling soo guilty about sending him off to his dad's.