2nd Trimester

Failed my 1 hour test...should I change my diet now or wait?

And when I say fail...I mean that ai BOMBED it.  My fasting blood draw number was 214.  I'm waiting to get some information in the mail from my OB's office about a 3-day diet I need to do before I go in for my 3-hour gestational diabetes test.  I did a little research and based on how high my 1-hour test was, there is an 85% chance I will have gestational diabetes.

So I'm wondering if I should go ahead and start altering my diet now or just wait to see how I do on the 3-hour test.  (I'm not saying that I want to change my diet to try to "pass" the 3 hour test of anything like that.)  I just feel that if my number was that high and it is a cause of concern for the baby, should I start looking up information on what to eat with gestational diabetes or should I just wait to see how I do on the 3 hour test and speak with a nutritionist?  Based on the little research I've done online, the deit for gestational diabetes is pretty strict as far as carbs/protein and how much to each and what time to eat them.  Of course, it couldn't hurt to start paying more attention to getting more protein into my diet.  What are your thoughts?     

Addison Lily--Sept. 14, 2006 Evelynn Rose-- May 18, 2012