3rd Trimester

Rant About Today's Dr. Apt.

So this week's apt. was with the dr. at my clinic (instead of my midwife) and basically it was a pretty awful experience.  First off, it was scheduled to be a regular apt, with my 36 week ultrasound being next week.  So my husband decided not to take off from work for it.  Well, she up and decided to do the ultrasound, didn't ask me if I wanted to or if I would rather wait until next week.  It all seemed so rushed and one of the first things she got into when she walked in the room was quick deliveries.  So the tone was set, we were going to refer everything back to how one has a quick and easy delivery.  Once she gets the ultrasound ready, all of a sudden she starts talking about every issue she sees, like "Oh wow that's a TON of amniotic fluid."  And of course, I'm just like frazzled, "What does that mean?!" She explains that he could be peeing a lot and that means his sugar levels are higher, so she advises I cut sugar to a minimum (the glucose test came back fine weeks before).  When she measured the amniotic fluid, before telling me the number, she is like "oh we are super concerned if it's 25" and I'm like... ok well WHAT AM I AT?!  She's like 18.  I googled it and 8-18 is normal.  Ok, I can handle that.  Then she starts talking about how huge he looks, "Oh his belly looks so fat."  And of course, again, I'm like "WHAT DOES THAT MEAN?! IS HE OK?!" And she goes, oh it's just, he's going to keep growing, and well it looks like he's already 6 lbs and you've got 4 weeks to go.  You've got to cut out carbs and go for walks.  

It just seemed like, a lot of what she was saying was pretty basic, but she made it so dramatic.  And I am hormonal and emotional and I could not handle it.  

Has anyone else had an experience like this?  Is 6 lbs at 35 weeks all that weird?  She said he will probably be 8 lbs if he keeps growing at the rate he is, is that so abnormal?!

Thanks!