3rd Trimester

Confused FTM contractions question

Around 3pm today I started feeling what I thought at first were BH just cramps (after having irregular cramps/BH all day). They seemed to be rather close together though, so I started timing them, and they were lasting about a minute 15 to a minute 30, and were 3-6 minutes apart. My OB's general rule is 311 instead of 511, so I kept timing. They kept up for 2 hours. I decided to eat dinner, and call if it kept up. I could still talk through them, but they were forming a fairly regular pattern. Well, they stopped after dinner, so I didn't call. Now, about an hour and a half later, they have started up again, are a bit more intense (but still not unbearable), and are so far a minute 30 and 3-5 minutes apart. I'll wait at least an hour to call if I do, but I don't want to call and go in only to be told it's just BH or my uterus being it's usual cranky self. As b!tchy as my uterus is though, the BH/cramps/whatever have never formed a pattern this close together. I live about 30 minutes from the hospital, and the roads may be a bit icy since it snowed today, then melted. I'm also having lower back pain, and upper back pain that wraps around to my ribs (I have the upper back and rib pain all the time though, and have for a few weeks).

Would you call at the end of 1-2 hours, or wait until they're more painful? I know that not every woman feels the take-your-breath-away contractions (my MIL for instance).

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml