2nd Trimester

Baby Furniture

I have a few questions about baby furniture.  This is my first baby so I am just winging it!

Does anyone have any recommendations about good sturdy brands and the cheapest places to buy them?  I do not want to end up with a cheap peice of furniture that will not last for long.  I interested in the convertible cribs that transition into a twin or full size bed.

What peices do you find you get the most use out of?  I know I will need a bassinet and crib.  I want a changing table, but do not know if I will use it.  I have a friend that bought one for both of her kids, and never uses them.  I also want a dresser, but for room constraints, think a tall chest of drawers would be better than a large dresser.

Last one,  does anyone use a glider/rocker in their baby's room.  By the time the baby gets here, we will have a recliner in our living room.  I did not know if it is worth the money to have a second rocker in the baby's room.

***I lied, this is the last one :) ****  When did you start buying baby furniture and start working on the nursery?