3rd Trimester

family members and their advice/comments

Hi there--So, I'm kind of having a rough day today. DH & I are 27 weeks pregnant--just started the 3rd trimester--yay! We got pregnant thru ICSI-IVF w/ donor sperm and are very excited everything worked out on the first try. However....so is everyone else. I have been a nanny for 3 years before landing my current job (which is not nannying), so I am very well aware of how to care for babies and what a lot of the 'stuff' you have to register for is for-with a couple exceptions, of course. There has not been one time where we've talked about baby stuff in front of family where they would comment, 'why get that, we didn't need that back when I was raising so and so', 'that's just crazy', 'I'd think about that paint color before doing it'. .....I mean it's EVERY SINGLE TIME!! Why doesn't anyone understand the concept of smile, nod, and keep your mouth shut??!! I'm a fairly sensitive person and am not handling this very well. It's taking the excitement out of everything. Every time we finally decide on something and are getting excited about it, someone says something that totally pops my bubble and then I get bummed out. This last episode happened last night and they were asking about the registry and, honestly, anymore, I don't even want to have a shower b/c I don't want to hear all the comments about how we don't need this or that or whatever else they want to pull out of their sleeves....I knew this whole experience would be like our wedding where there were just too many cooks wanting to be in the kitchen--but I'm taking this one much more personally and it's killing me. It's taking all the excitement and fun out of it. I just feel like crying...alas, I'm at work and have to stay composed. I have a blog that I really want to blog about this experience, but guess what, all the family members can read this and I don't think it would go over well. Then again, maybe it'd be the best way to stop this from continuing. However...I know everyone is just excited  and they think they are offering their experience/advice, but it's just not welcome anymore....I don't know how to handle this better.....How did any of you handle this experience b/c I'm sure I'm not the only one that has/had this problem...

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml