Single Parents

WWYD?

I'm so stressed out- I feel so torn, but maybe the answer is just so simple and I'm being too stupid to see it.

I work 3 hours a week, on Thursday, and sometimes I work a full day on Friday (more often than not its just the 3 hours), then one Saturday (4hrs) a month. So I have DS in daycare FT for Thursday and Friday only, because I could never find a reliable babysitter, and I was counting on getting daycare vouchers.

Well I don't qualify for daycare vouchers. I make on an average 3 hr week $10 less than daycare for the 2 days each week. If I take him out of daycare I'm just going to have to quit my hours at work.

I'm stuck in between a rock and a hard place. Obviously daycare is cost prohibitive, I can't get more hours at work (I've asked- the hours I'm getting are pity hours from my Uncle who owns the practice), and with DS getting sick every week from daycare I've had to call out some weeks all together. Its so stupid I feel like smacking myself. I should just quit the job, right?

It just hurts because I want to be independent so bad (currently live with my parents again), and I feel like losing those pathetic hours is a step back not forward in doing that.