2nd Trimester

Kind of an odd question: paps?

I feel really ridiculous asking this, but I just cannot remember what I heard at my first appointment. Are paps normally done every several weeks during pregnancy, or just once at the beginning?

I'm pretty sure it's standard to just do the one. I could have sworn I heard someone at my last appointment/first real appointment mention doing one every at every appointment. I had one done at another practice just a couple weeks before transferring to high risk at the hospital, so I didn't have another one. It's unclear to me due to the drama that day: they tried to tell me they didn't have ANY of my old records, despite the fact that I made sure they were delivered and I had looked at them with a doctor in the hospital at my consultation. They were insisting on doing another one and I refused because I knew I had just had one.

I see absolutely no reason for multiple tests so I will decline them if they actually want to do one at every appointment. 

For the record I have no history of STDs or abnormal paps, so everything is clear. I have an appointment tomorrow and this has just been bugging me. They seem to be much more painful and bloody during pregnancy and I will refuse to have any more for now, based on the fact that mine have always been fine, but I just want to know if I was just hearing things or if this is a "thing" that some doctors do. I wouldn't mind a check to make sure my cervix is a good length, but the actual pap is a no. 

Our Squishy - 8/21/12
AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
blog! thescenery.net