2nd Trimester

Any improvisors/dancers/performers out there?

Hello all!

I was wondering if anybody out there does improv (for those of you who don't know what improv is, think Whose Line is it Anyway?) ?  I have yet to meet a pregnant improvisor, or even one that has kids.  I'd love to hear from somebody else who is KU and involved in improv, but any other actors/dancers out there, feel free to weigh in on this!

My question is, at what point did you/will you stop improvising/performing?  I still feel pretty comfortable with most stuff I have had to do as I am in good shape...i.e., a scene where I'm running a race, improvised "dance" scenes etc.  But some members of my group have voiced concern about performing with me as they are worried about accidentaly hurting me or baby (scenes can get quite physical...someone fell into a flat the other day quite hard, for example).  Also, being improv, nothing is rehearsed so there is always the possibility of "anything" happening. 

It is very important to me a) to be safe and b) that everyone feels comfortable onstage and isn't constantly holding back for fear of injuring me. I don't believe that being pregnant = being made of glass, but I am conscious of taking care of baby, and I am curious what other people involved in theatre/dance have to say about this.

Thank You :)

Anniversary Lilypie First Birthday tickers image