2nd Trimester

Need advice

I went to the ER a few days ago because I hadn't urinated all day and there was a little bit of blood when I wiped. I assumed I had a bad UTI or something. In the ER they did a ultrasound and told me that my cervix had shortened, I was dilated, and rushed me up to labor and delivery to get an emergency cerclage.

Then an OB Dr on call came in and did a second ultrasound and said that my cervix was 1 cm instead of the normal 3 cm and I was a crack dilated, but the baby was strong and healthy and there was no need for a surgery.

My regular OB came in and put me on progesterone pills that I insert into my vagina once a day. She told me that there was no need for bed rest because there is no proof that it will help me.

Needless to say, I'm terrified right now. I'm being told that it's ok to work and go about my regular daily activities, but my family really want me to get a second opinion. 

So now, for your advice... Do any of you ladies have experience with this? Should I seek a second opinion? Should I just stop stressing and trust my OB? I do have an ultrasound next Thursday to check the progress, but should I see someone before then? 

Thanks ladies!

image image image
BFP 10/31/11 EDD 7/15/12 pPROM 2/25/12
"How very softly you tiptoed into our world. Almost silently; Only a moment you stayed. But what an imprint your footprints have left on our hearts."
Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers