2nd Trimester

Disgusted by pregnancy.... (long vent)

The new receptionist at my salon my possibly be one of the most ignorant people I have ever met........... I have had time to vent to my friends and family but I feel like only pregnant women will be as outraged as me.

Yesterday I was sitting by the new receptionist talking to a fellow coworker about my pregnancy. I was lightly poking my tummy trying to get LO to wiggle so I could feel some kicks. (I had not felt any in awhile) When my new receptionist looks at me and says " Will you please stop it's disgusting me!"  I looked at her and said " What is?" I stare at her in SHOCK when she replies " your tummy, It is going to make me sick" I couldnt believe it. She proceeds to go on and on about how my belly disgusts her. How she will never get pregnant because she cant stand the thought and that me talking about pregnancy is grossing her out. I couldnt believe it. I understand not everyone likes pregnancy or pregnant people, but please keep your opinions to yourself. She has only worked at the salon a week, doesnt know the dynamic of the place, and pissed off a senior stylist.

When I confronted my owner about it, she stuck up for her. Saying "she is new and I dont think she meant it like that" I couldnt believe it. I fumed and sat on it. I decided maybe my crazy hormones got the best of my temper and I would leave it alone. My biggest concern is that she will say something ignorant and outrageous to a client if she said something like that to a coworker!  OK I'm done, typing things down does make me feel much better!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml