2nd Trimester

Great appt yesterday -glucose test

Yay for 24 weeks today!! 

So I had the dreaded glucose test yesterday and I will say that it definitely wasn't as bad as I thought it would be!  I had some grits and toast before my appointment so I wouldnt pass out lol (I have low blood sugar).  The nurse said she was out the the regular orange drink they usually give, so I had the punch flavored version that was a higher concentration so I got to drink a smaller amount.  It was definitely sweet but only took me about a minute to drink a small cup, by the end its a little of a struggle but not bad. Then I went on with my regular check up, good weight gain, belly measured right on track, they checked my iron level since I was 24 weeks. Wasn't too much longer and they took blood and by that point I was ready to eat but not dying. I'll find out if any results were bad within a week, but hopefully they are not.

Then my mom went with me to my high-risk u/s, she loved it, saying they never had anything like that when she was pregnant lol.  Found out I have anterior placenta and never knew it -I've felt plenty of movement these past few weeks.  Since it was my last appt with the perinatologist I asked if they would do a 4-d for me and she did! She said I was too early to get a good pic, best time to do it is between 28-31 weeks bc my baby doesn't have too much fat layers yet.  Still got a cool little picture out of it though.  The doctor said everything was measuring perfectly so I'm thankful for a healthy pregnancy and baby so far :) 

After reading the post below it makes me count my blessings and hope I continue without any complications. My heart goes out to her.