2nd Trimester

Distateful Bump description of week 22

"Your Pregnancy: Week 22

Real estate within your belly is getting tight, with growing baby leaving little room for your lungs to...well...breathe. Expect the huffing and puffing to start soon."

Ok.... I'm not a big fan of anyone making pregnancy more scary than it already is. I find that a lot of sites make comments about what is "normal" in a pregnancy and it's not really what is "normal" as much as it is their version of normal or their experience.  I've gotten to point where I don't really want to read anything about pregnancy anymore because they can make it all sound so horrible or ... deathly.

Like this description above.  At 22 weeks my uterous is right above my belly button. My baby is 13 ounces. Which is all in the "normal" range. It's a bit of a stretch to say that I'm going to start huffing and puffing and struggling to breath at just about 5 months pregnant. Surely that is not normal.  I have never seen a woman of 5 months prego huffing and puffing to breath.  If she is, she has a problem cause she is only about 1/2 way done and what is she going to be doing at 7 months?  Oxygen tank?

I just feel like I don't need to read things like this as we as woman who are pregnant have so many REAL things to be concerned with, we don't need drummed up ones.

BabyFruit Ticker