2nd Trimester

Friends seem a little distant

So, DH and I  put our apartment up for rent and signed the lease on a larger one about 2 weeks before we found out I was PG. Great timing :) I've been living here since the beginning of December. We now lived about 30 minutes outside of the city and my dearest friends live outside of the city also....in the other direction. Since I got married, I've always lived at least 20-30 min away from them, but we always made it work and saw each other often.

Now that we're further apart, I barely see them. In my mind, I also feel like maybe it's because I'm pregnant, too....in some odd way. I guess maybe because I can't drink wine and go out with them like I used to.

Now I live much closer to my SIL and brother (both of whom DH and I love to spend time with), but they're in France for 3 mos for my brother's job. So, they aren't around.

I'm new to the area, don't have any friends here yet, PLUS my friends haven't even seen my new place yet. Even though I've invited them several times. Something is ALWAYS up.

I am very happy in our new home and like the area a lot. But, I miss my girlfriends.

Anyone else dealing with distant friends? 

Bravado Bras at Nurtured FamilyBabyFruit Tickerimageimage