3rd Trimester

Ideas Please

My friend is also having a baby, this is her first so she is having a baby shower (2 actually). I was really excited to get her a gift...until I saw her registry. She registered for huge things like a $300 diaper changing station/dresser, and a $500 crib, and a stroller/carseat combo. We didn't used to be very close in the past but now since we're pregnant at the same time, we seem to have a lot in common and have gotten closer. I was thinking of spending around $50 (hope that's not cheap). There's not really a whole lot on her registry I can afford with that budget tho. Is it rude to get her something other than what's on her registry? I was thinking like putting a basket together with maybe a robe, lotion, and body spray for her (my mom did that for me and I loved to having them at the hospital) and something for the baby. If I go a little over $50, it's not a big deal. Or should I just pick out something from the registry (I think the diaper pail set thingy is around $50 but I didn't want to get her just one thing...one boring thing to top it off ). Any suggestions?