C-sections

Drugs after baby is out to relax? (claustrophobic)

I am getting ready for C-section #2-- the last one was scheduled due to his size, and I mentioned my claustrophobia, etc to the anesthesiologist before the surgery, and he told me that if I needed something he could give it to me after he was out. I was doing okay, but am pretty sure he still gave me something...I remember DS coming out and briefly seeing him, then don't remember a thing about them sewing me up ...I 'came to' in recovery and was a little out of it for the next few hours (which was a good thing bc it took 4+ hours for my spinal to wear off) but coherent. I asked my ob if she knows if I was given anything, and she's not sure, but said maybe versed.

I'm not sure if i want to get the drugs again or not...I don't like my memory of that day being fuzzy. But, i'm worried about how long it will take to get stitched back up and freaking out while their doing it (knowing that the baby is out, to the nursery, whatever). If you were given drugs, do you know what they were? Do you remember everything? In one way it was kind of nice to not have the anxiety but am wondering if there is something that will take the edge off but not cloud my memory.

A side note, if you are claustrophobic, were you OK during/after the surgery w/out drugs? Again, I can't remember much so any experiences are helpful!

M/C #1 BFP 5/26/08, missed m/c discovered 9w1d (blighted ovum) M/C #2 BFP 11/19/08, missed m/c discovered at 12w1d (triploidy) BFP!! 3/27 Due date 12/5/09 Benjamin Tate is here! Born 12-1-09, 9lbs 5oz, 22" via C-Section M/C #3: d/x ectopic, methotrexate given 2/11 BFP!! 7/12, due 3-21-12