2nd Trimester

WARNING re: Buy Buy Baby/Bed Bath & Beyond Website (long but worth the read)

I want to pass along a strong word of caution when using either of these websites (they are part of the same company).  Yesterday evening I attempted to place an order on the Buy Buy Baby website but found that when I entered the credit card information and clicked, "next" I was brought back to the home page and had to go through the whole checkout process again.  This happened a second time, so I tried the Bed Bath & Beyond Website....same thing.  Finally I called the 800# for Bed Bath & Beyond and expressed my concern that my credit card would be charged multiple times.  The woman I spoke with assured me that the order had not gone through, but even if the credit card payment had been processed, it would only be authorized, and the charges would drop off of my card in a few days.  To avoid further hassel, I elected to place the order with her on the phone.  After doing so, I got an email confirmation of the order and thought everything was OK.

Fast forward several hours.  My husband gets an email about possible fraud activity on our credit card.  After contacting the credit card company, we learned that not only HAD all of the orders that had supposedly NOT gone through from both websites been charged to our card, but that we now had over $1,000 in unauthorized activity on our credit card!!!  We are not sure if the woman who took the order via the phone used our information or if the websites had been hacked, but were forced to close our account on the spot. 

Thankfully, we are not responsible for any of these charges according to our credit card company - but I wanted to pass along the warning to all of you.  Save yourself some hassel and use extreme caution when ordering from either of these websites.  I will never do so again!!!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml