2nd Trimester

Doctor Vent!!! (sort of long)

So my husband and I moved right before we found out I was pregnant so I needed to find a new doctor, because I wasn't driving 2+ hours to go to my old one.  So after doing a bunch of research (yeah I'm that girl) I found one that I thought might work and made an appointment.  I thought she was very nice and I thought it might work out so I made my follow up appointment. Now I'm not so sure...

The first appointment was great and was almost an hour long with her answering all my questions and talking about everything.  I've had two appointments with her after that and at the end all she says is "okay see you in four weeks" before I can even ask her questions or anything she is out of the room like her a** is on fire.  Her nurse usually comes in but she gives vague answers, to the point that I'm usually more confused than when I first asked it.  The nurse has recommended some great books to reference. I'm sorry WTF do I pay for a doctor for if I'm just supposed to look it up in a book myself?  

Now the thing that sent me over the edge was we have an appointment next Thursday and the nurse called because they had to move my appointment time up.  I told her that was fine and I'd let my husband know so he could be there for the ultra sound, which was met by dead silence then "What ultra sound?"  I told her that I thought we were going to find out the sex of the baby at the appointment because I was going to be 19 weeks.  Apparently I was wrong and felt like an idiot, and sort of lost it on the nurse about how I felt like I had no idea what was going on and I felt completely uninformed especially as a FTM.  She apologized and said she would convey my concern to the doctor.  Well I'm so frustrated that I don't even want to go back to her and will gladly drive the 2+ hours to go to a doctor that will actually f-ing care and explain things to me and for god's sake tell me if I'm having a girl or a boy because I wanna know!!!

Thanks I just had to get that out there